Drug testing is a top priority with the INBF/WNBF
The backbone of the INBF and WNBF reputation is the strict adherence to stringent drug testing. We place the highest importance on ensuring that athletes are drug-free, so as to ensure fair competition at each and every event World Wide.
The use of drugs is strictly prohibited
All INBF/WNBF athletes must be seven years drug-free of prescription/pharmaceutical hormones on the banned substance list and two years free of over-the-counter hormones, pro-hormones or banned substances listed or their chemical counterparts, unless otherwise noted, prior to their first INBF or WNBF competition.
2018 INBF/WNBF And world affiliate banned substance list
INBF and WNBF steroid and diuretic testing policies and procedures are compliant with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) prohibited list.
**The following list of substances and related compounds are banned by the World Natural Bodybuilding Federation. Their use constitutes grounds for dismissal from WNBF competitions and suspension from membership privileges in the organization for a period of seven (7) years from the failure date**
Please read all supplement ingredients carefully; athletes are responsible for being vigilant regarding their supplement usage.
NEW AMATEUR COMPETITORS ONLY must have not used any pro-hormones for at least two (2) years before joining the INBF/WNBF for the first time.
This list is effective as of September 2, 2009
All anabolic steroids including, but not limited to:
- Boldebal – Equipose
- Cardarine (PPAR)
- Deca Durabolin
- Dymethazine/azine (DMZ)
- (masking agent)
- Sustanon 250
- Testosterone and related compounds
- Testosterone Cypionate
- Testosterone Enanthate
**In any form, including injections, patches, or gels, for any reason, even if the physician prescribed, No Exceptions!
The Testosterone/Epitestosterone (T/E) Ratio is used to measure the presence of exogenous testosterone or illicit elevation of testosterone levels. T/E ratios in excess of 6/1 are ruled as positive, no matter what the cause.
Note: Should the use of any substance cause a T/E ratio in excess of the 6/1 limit, the athlete will be ruled as positive (failure).
- Pharmaceutical HGH, HCG and any other related compounds, including Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1)
- Oral, spray or sublingual GH compounds of pharmaceutical origin (recombinant DNA technology)
Pro-hormones, precursors and metabolites, derivatives, and related compounds
- 5-Etioallocholen-3b,7b,17b-triol (July 1, 2016) – There shall be a (3) month amnesty through 2017. As of January 1, 2018, these substances shall carry a (1) year ban time frame.
- Any hormone, including insulin, (injectable, oral, sublingual or otherwise) used for bodybuilding purposes
- Designer and Pro Steroids are Banned and Carry a 7 Year Ban Time-frame
- Ergomax LMG
- All hormonal precursors and their metabolites and isomers
- 7 Keto DHEA (July 1, 2016) – There shall be a (3) month amnesty through 2018.
PRO HORMONAL FAT BURNING SUPPLEMENTS
- 6 OXO (July 1, 2016) – There shall be a (3) month amnesty through 2018.
- 6 OXOandrostenetrione
- 1,4,6androstatriene3, 17dione
- 3Alpha (5a-androstane-3a, 17diol)
- Have been identified as pro-hormonal in nature and are banned.
- Fat Burning pro-hormone derivatives such as:
- 3, 17-dihydroxydelta5etiocholane7one (A7D)
- 3, 17-dihydroxydelta5etiocholane7one diethylcarbonate (A7E), etc are banned
- Prescription Thyroid Hormone Medication, when used for bodybuilding purposes, is banned!
* The presence of any banned substance in urine (i.e. nandrolone), no matter how it arrived there is ruled as positive (Urine Test Failure)
PRESCRIPTION DIURETICS & MASKING AGENTS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Any and all prescription diuretics even when doctor prescribed used for bodybuilding purposes are banned for (3) months prior to WNBF competitions.
** If an athlete possesses heart-related complications a TUE can be issued for competition.
** Spironolactone that is prescribed for acne MAY NOT be used for 14 days prior to competing in any INBF/WNBF Event, No Exceptions!
- Ethacrynic Acid
- Glycerol: Small amounts of glycerol found in nutritional supplements are not considered banned.
Clenbuterol and GHB are banned!
- Muscle implants of any kind are strictly prohibited
- Chemicals/Drugs used for the purpose of deceiving or passing the polygraph or urine test are banned!
- WADA 2017 Prohibited List
OTHER ANABOLIC AGENTS, HORMONES AND METABOLIC MODULATORS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Androstene TRIONE
- (masking agent)
- Cardarine (Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor δ (PPARδ) agonists, GW 1516)
- Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs)
- Andarine (GSX-007 or S-4)
- Cardarine (GW-501516)
- Ligandrol (LGD-4033)
- Ostarine (GTx-024, MK-2866)
- Other SARMs similar in structure and/or physiological effect
- Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs)
EPHEDRINE, EPHEDRA, AND STIMULANTS
- Ephedrine and Ephedra may not have been used for 3 months before joining the INBF/WNBF for the first time
** Due to the abundance of supplements and pre-workout products containing DMAA and/or related compounds, there shall be a 30 day amnesty period before an athlete is eligible to compete in any INBF/WNBF event.
- (4 amino-2-Methylpantane citrate)
- Phenethylamine and its derivatives
Stimulants/medications prescribed or non prescribed used for bodybuilding and/or weight loss purposes are banned in certain timeframes. Stimulants or medications that produce similar physiological effects even if not expressly listed are prohibited for use.
- Bupropion Hydrochloride
- Naltrexone Hydrochloride
Prohibited for use prior to polygraph examinations in INBF/WNBF Events